We all have to face the same problem- Closet full of clothes and nothing to wear. The fast pace of changing fashion has made it even more difficult to cope up with trends plus it gets unimaginably heavy on pockets. That’s why today I am here to share with you how easily one can infuse the old dead clothes with fashion. These easy yet mesmerizing tricks you can try to change your old lehengas or sarees into beautiful lovey dresses.
- Use any of your old Leheria Saree and convert it into a traditional Jacket: Jackets are in trend- both in ethnic and in western.Jackets on a Saree is the new trend people are going head over heels for.I Tried this and it looked beautiful.All I needed was a vibrant colored old Saree and take it to a tailor.In a few hundreds he made a lovely jacket out of the Saree(you can also try making a cape if you like). Trust me its an absolute worth a try.
- Another thing that you can try with the same vibrant Saree is to make a cape kurti. Such kurtis with dhoti pants or straight ants look so trendy. I actually got such a kurti made from the remaining cloth of my Saree and wore it in one of my social gatherings.I could sense the envious eyeballs all over me.This gives a designer look to the dress and of course the dress is peppy cum traditional all of it in less than 400 Rs( Tailor charges may vary sity to city )- what else could I have asked for!
- Every mother’s wardrobe will have this – A flower print georgette Saree which your mother doesn’t wear anymore. My mother wanted to give it away for rugs in exchange of utensils when I got the grab. I got a pleated lehenga made out of the whole saree and it looked AH-MAAZEE-ING. I didn’t spend on a blouse and wore a black crop top which I already had which totally went with my skirt but one can also get a top done according to one’s choice
- This was easiest and yet the trendiest thing I could have ever done with a dress.I just took and old lehenga with a heavy dupatta and draped it around like superman. Jokes apart , cape lehengas are really in and instead of spending a bomb on a new one just work around your old lehenga’s dupatta and trust me with few alterations you will have an amazing set of cape lehenga for yourself.
- Pick any of your mother’s old saree- even cotton one and get a skirt or a palazzo made out of it. If combined with right ste of kurti they would look fabulous for both- Daily wear and party wear.
You can also start renting your clothes through certain websites, like www.pinkpeacock.co.in .This is a very nice way to make money out of the dresses which you don”t wear any more.