SPLENDID IN THE COLORS of its noble and magnificent past, the historic city of Jaipur stands out as one of the most spectacular and culturally vibrant destinations in the world.There are undoubtedly some remarkable shopping places in Jaipur which can enrich your total shopping experience ten-fold.
If you’re a shopaholic, then don’t look anywhere else for a shopper’s paradise!
TIPS TO LOOK SASSY THIS SEASON WITH YOUR ETHNICS
- While designer outfits are way costly for our budget, there are many ways you can dress smartly to look like a million bucks. It all comes down to picking up the right pieces and coordinate them well.
- Splurge on classy fabrics like silk, linen, cotton, chiffon For example, go for a good quality lace fabric rather than net.
- Layering is equally important in ethnic wear as well as western outfits. A third layer over your normal kurtis can elevate the entire look in a snap.
- If you are bold enough, try out capes over sarees. Go for sheer net capes, neat cotton capes or elegant silk capes. Adding a cape or jacket can make your attire totally outstanding and stylish.
- Instead of going with age old churidars and salwars, opt for palazzos or cigarette pants. Pair your long kurtas with Ghagras.
- Don’t go for too much contrast, as it can look cheap if not coordinated correctly.IS SHOPPING IN JAIPUR A BIG TASK??So the big question is where to go shopping in Jaipur city amongst a bewildering cornucopia of traditional markets and high-end stores?Well, nobody said shopping in Jaipur city was easy. You may well ask, “Why is that?” You will be spoilt for choice here. Each shop has such colourful, alluring displays and silver-tongued salesmen; it is difficult to decide which one to step into.
BAPU NAGAR MARKET “THE SAROGINI OF ETHNICS IN JAIPUR”
The local markets for instance the best is Bapu Nagar where one could fetch really good items from embroidered ones to basic classy but a lot of exploration is needed
“LONG PLAZZO OR A SKIRT AT JUST 200 BUCKS WHICH COSTS UPTO “ONE COULD EASILY GET A 700-800 BUCKS IN OTHER MARKETS.”
JOHARI BAZAAR “THE JEWELLERY HUB”
The oldest market of Jaipur is Johari Bazaar, and most of the shops in this market are painted in pink. Women flock here, as this market sells exquisite Jaipuri jewelry made of gold, silver, diamonds and emeralds. Kundan jewelry is quite famous and a popular item here. The narrow lanes are full of innumerable shops that sell jewelry and clothes.
“WE CAN GET BOHO JUNK JEWELLERY AT JUST 100 BUCKS,THEY LOOK REALLY SUPER STYLISH AND ENHANCES THE OUTFIT”
CHANDPOLE BAZAAR”THE TRADITIONAL JUTTI MARKET”
Chandpole Bazaar is a traditional shopping market in Jaipur where creatively carved handicrafts made of marble,stone, wood and other handlooms attract your attention aesthetic air that the market exudes, with an exotic view of the culture of Rajasthan.
“IF YOU ARE FOND OF EMBROIDERED JUTTIS WHICH TOO ARE CHEAP AT 200 BUCKS ONE COULD GET”
The hand block is carved out of wood and is the simplest of printing devices. Dyeing with vegetable colours is the
oldest of colouring techniques. As pioneers of hand block printing for the export market, Anokhi has built on these for the last thirty years.
“THEY MOSTLY APPLY THE HAND BLOCK PRINT TECHNIQUES MODIFIES THE GARMENT”
LOCATION:2nd Floor Sawai Ram Singh Marg, Jaipur, Rajasthan 302015
When it comes to ethnic wear, there are very few names that appear to our mind and BIBA is one of them. One of the dominant players in women ethnic wear segment in India, the brand provides its customer with trendy outfits.
“BIBA HAS LOTS AND LOTS OF PRINTED CHIC PLAZZO PANTS WHICH LOOKS SO TRENDY”
LOCATION:-Plot No 165, Queens Road, Rathore Nagar, D – Block, Vaishali Nagar, Jaipur, Rajasthan 302021
JAIPUR PINK,JAIPUR (CLOTHING)
Synonymous with Jaipur-style hand-printed or block-printed Indian and Western wear around India, Jaipur Pink is known for its role in the conservation and revival of traditional textile crafts.Using natural fabrics, Jaipur Pink showcases a range of Indian handicrafts.
THE BEST THING IS THE FABRICS USED BASICALLY HAND SPUN KHADI AND LINENS.
LOCATION:-Link Road | Shop no 4, Teli Para, Bapu Bazaar, Jaipur 302003, India.
W has some of the best quality ethnics with contrasting scarfs and pants which beautifies the garment. The technique used are also the best ones and makes this brand the most commonly shopped one .
“W HAS LEFT AN IMPRINT IN WOMEN WHO PREFER CLASSY OUTFITS”
LOCATION:-Near gaurav tower building,Jaipur.